My Personal Kanban 2.0 is the next version of My Personal Kanban I released many years ago.
Version 2.0 is a complete rewrite and delivered as a native desktop application.
It is now open sourced and available at GitHub mpk-desktop-app repository.
Current version is 2.0-beta-0, you can download OS Native applications from here:
- Mac OS – My Personal Kanban-2.0.0-beta-0.dmg
- Windows – My Personal Kanban Setup 2.0.0-beta-0.exe
- Linux DEB – my-personal-kanban_2.0.0-beta-0_amd64.deb
- Linux RPM – my-personal-kanban-2.0.0-beta-0.x86_64.rpm
Following Video brushes through features of the Current version.
Complete list of features in version 2.0.0-Beta-0
- Create and remove boards – you can create up to 8 boards.
- Switching boards with board buttons or Keyboard shortcuts:
- Command+Shift+Arrow Up/Arrow Down on Mac
- Ctrl+Shift+Arrow Up/Arrow Down on Windows and Linux
- Rename columns and set limit of cards in columns (limiting WIP)
- Creating, viewing, editing and deleting of Kanban Cards
- Keyboard shortcut Shift+A for adding cards
- Unique numbers (ids) on cards
- Bottom right corner dial for adding cards into specific column
- Switch on the New Card dialog for adding cards at the top/bottom of column
- Recording “Last modified” date on cards and displaying on the card details view
- Ability to add predefined tags to cards
- Ability to add tasks to cards as a checkboxes in the description
- Ability to set deadline on card
- Changing Edit card window for cards with more details
- Moving cards between columns
- Columns with setup Limits will not allow for cards to be moved if the limit is reached
- Archiving cards in the last column
- Browsing of Cards Archive including a simple text search
- Restore cards from archive back into board (to last column)
- Delete cards from Archive
- Dark and Light theme switch
- Persisting content to the disk in the User home folder
- Ability to mark important cards with flag
- Managing Tags for Cards, including Tag names and colours
- Switch to display Tags on cards, on the board
- An indicator if a card has more details by displaying an icon on the card
- Rendering tasks on card on the board, with the ability to mark completed tasks
- Switch to display Tasks on cards
- Moving cards between boards
Please contribute your ideas and improvements on GitHub using Issues or Pull Requests.