Seven years ago, I released an application that became quite popular with many practitioners of Personal Kanban. I decided it was time to give the app a refresh.
As I was not too fond of the technologies I previously used to create My Personal Kanban 1.0, I decided to re-write the app from scratch using new technologies and creating My Personal Kanban 2.0 as a standalone application.
I picked Electron to achieve portability between multiple platforms and React for the UI framework.
Today, I give you a first version of the My Personal Kanban 2.0, alpha 0. You can download OS-specific binaries from Box. List of binaries at the following page.
In this release, I implemented the following features:
- Creation of Boards as well as the removal of boards
- Naming of columns
- Creating, editing, viewing and deleting of the Kanban cards
- Drag and drop of the cards between columns
- Boards switching with board buttons
- Archiving of cards in the last column
- Browsing of card archives with a simple search
- Dark and Light theme switching
- Keyboard shortcut “Shif+A” for adding a new card
- Choice switch, for adding new Kanban card at the beginning or end of the card list in a column
- Saving of the content on the disk
Please, provide me with feedback and potential features you would like to see in the next upcoming releases.