Time for a little retrospective on what I learned during 2011.
Technologies I learned and improved skills in:
- Gradle – build and release tool.
- Groovy – dynamic programming language that runs on JVM
- Coherence – distributed cache
- Grails – web framework that runs on JVM. Groovy and Spring paired nicely together
- Gaelyk – another web framework
- GAE (Google App Engine) – cloud platform from Google
- Objective-C and iOS development
- Scala and Clojure, programming languages that runs on JVM
I did some research into Creativity and Motivation that resulted in few posts.
This year I will focus more on functional languages and functional style of programming.
Main target this year for me is the work on GigReflex, Service that I work on with my friend Mike. Service will be deployed on one of the available PaaS cloud services running Grails web application framework.
Bye, bye 2011.
2012, here I come.